Monday, June 27, 2011

When Things Go Terribly Right

There are some days that just WORK for some strange reason here in the land of the unfortunate incident. Today was one of those days. I booked an entire European Vacation, planned a reconnection with very good friends I haven’t seen in a year, did half of my Peace Corps paperwork for 2011 and traveled 30 km with my supervisor to set up a town council for a tiny village that needs to husband her resources better. The best part however was the chef of the town council who described to me what Moscow looked like in the mid-1970s to an African student, how he became an Imam, then proceeded to tell me his thoughts on globalization and buy me a bunch of cokes. Easily the coolest person I’ve ever met who does not have electricity in his house.

Oh, and shooting down the highway as fast as your Boss's cycle lets you know you're alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment